Tuesday, April 7, 2009

After Retreat

This last weekend, I went on one of my two annual quilting retreats -- this one was with my good friend, Jo Morton, as the teacher. There is nothing better than getting together with friends who share a love for the same things you do, and spending time. The retreat was Thursday through Sunday at The Barn in Valley Falls, Kansas; have been there many times. I rode with my niece Rachel and Diane from here at the Lake. Most of the women in this group have been attending this retreat for 8 years.

We had a great time from the start; had lunch at the tea room in Handel Haus in Cole Camp, then headed on out to Kansas.

Most of the time was spent socializing and working on a baby quilt for my son's best friend, while we watched my favorite movies. Jo doesn't get a chance to watch movies often, so we shared our favorites with her. My all time favorite, "Mamma Mia" was a big hit with her, as was "Secret Life of Bees" and an oldie but goodie, "Return to Me."

Yesterday I posted some more eBay listings; I found a new bag of batiks, so put them on. I need to stay on task to get more sold and cleared out to make way for work room for the studio! Check out my listings on eBay -- seller name is simplepleasuresquilting.

One really wonderful thing (other than being with friends) was our unfinished project auction (plus some quilts Jo donated) that raised $1700 for 7 Bells Sanctuary in Cole Camp. That is the rescue place where I adopted Gretta, and also my niece's dachshund, Daisy. Their mission is to care for older dogs that are hard to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment