Saturday, April 11, 2009

I have a new favorite quotation! I saw it in a beautiful frame on our way to the Retreat last weekend. We stopped for lunch at the tea room in Handel Haus in Cole Camp, MO (a wonderful store and an equally wonderful lunch spot) and they had several unusual quotations. I especially liked this one, as it reminded me of how much we have to appreciate in the friends we have. Even if we don't have their talents, we can enjoy what they do and appreciate what they share with us. It's kind of like not needing to "own" everything we love, but enjoying it while we look at it and put it in our memory bank. Another way of "simplifying."

I gave this to my special friend Jo Morton, and she has it hanging in her studio. I consider that an honor. And I can enjoy it anytime I want by looking at it's picture, and think of it keeping her company. A very good thought!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the lucky girl who received the beautiful framed quotation - from my special friend Julie. Julie has given many quilters some of our most memorable quilting experiences, she is amazing.
    Thank You doesn't seem adequate, but will have to suffice.
    Love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete